2012年11月2日星期五

Nike Shox Torch 2 Hosmer did not listen to his friend Homeyer

Hosmer did not listen to his friend Homeyer. Love was his god now, and Thérèse was Love’s prophet.
So he was sitting in this little parlor waiting for Fanny to come.
She came after an interval that had been given over to the indulgence of a little feminine nervousness. Through the open doors Hosmer could hear her coming down the back stairs; could hear that she halted mid-way. Then she passed through the dining-room, and he arose and went to meet her, holding out his hand, which she was not at once ready to accept, being flustered and unprepared for his manner in whichever way it might direct itself.
They sat opposite each other and remained for a while silent; he with astonishment at sight of the “merry blue eyes” faded and sunken into deep, dark round sockets; at the net-work of little lines all traced about the mouth and eyes, and spreading over the once rounded cheeks that were now hollow and evidently pale or sallow, beneath a layer of rouge that had been laid on with an unsparing hand. Yet was she still pretty, or pleasing, especially to a strong nature that would find an appeal in the pathetic weakness of her face. There was no guessing at what her figure might be, it was disguised under a very fashionable dress,fake uggs online store, and a worsted shawl covered her shoulders, which occasionally quivered as with an inward chill. She spoke first, twisting the end of this shawl.
“What did you come for, David? why did you come now?” with peevish resistance to the disturbance of his coming.
“I know I have come without warrant,” he said, answering her implication. “I have been led to see-no matter how-that I made mistakes in the past, and what I want to do now is to right them, if you will let me.”
This was very unexpected to her, and it startled her,Fake Designer Handbags, but neither with pleasure nor pain; only with an uneasiness which showed itself in her face.
“Have you been ill?” he asked suddenly as the details of change in her appearance commenced to unfold themselves to him.
“Oh no, not since last winter, when I had pneumonia so bad. They thought I was going to die. Dr. Franklin said I would ‘a died if Belle Worthington hadn’t ‘a took such good care of me. But I don’t see what you mean coming now,ugg bailey button triplet 1873 boots. It’ll be the same thing over again: I don’t see what’s the use, David.”
“We won’t talk about the use, Fanny. I want to take care of you for the rest of your life-or mine-as I promised to do ten years ago; and I want you to let me do it.”
“It would be the same thing over again,” she reiterated, helplessly.
“It will not be the same,” he answered positively. “I will not be the same, and that will make all the difference needful.”
“I don’t see what you want to do it for, David. Why we’d haf to get married over again and all that, wouldn’t we?”
“Certainly,” he answered with a faint smile. “I’m living in the South now,Designer Handbags, in Louisiana, managing a sawmill down there.”
“Oh, I don’t like the South. I went down to Memphis, let’s see, it was last spring, with Belle and Lou Dawson, after I’d been sick; and I don’t see how a person can live down there.”
“You would like the place where I’m living. It’s a fine large plantation, and the lady who owns it would be the best of friends to you. She knew why I was coming, and told me to say she would help to make your life a happy one if she could.”

没有评论:

发表评论